Jones Lang LaSalle, Inc. (“JLL”) Capital Markets is pleased to present the opportunity to acquire the fee-simple interest in Kindeva Drug Delivery Global Headquarters, located at 11200 Hudson Rd, Woodbury, Minnesota (the “Subject” or “Property”). The Property is a 137,811 square foot, Class A, new construction build-to-suit life science current good manufacturing practice (“cGMP”) and research & development (“R&D”) facility leased to Kindeva Drug Delivery (“Kindeva”) which also serves as its global headquarters. Kindeva has over 14 years of term remaining on its original lease which commenced upon completion of the Property in September 2021.
Kindeva is a contract development and manufacturing organization (“CDMO”) with over 100 years of history in the space. In 2020, Kindeva was established when 3M spun out its drug delivery business in a $650 million transaction whereby Altaris Capital Partners (“Altaris”) acquired the business and 3M retained a 17% stake in the new company. As a CDMO, Kindeva is hired by pharmaceutical companies to develop different methods of delivery for products and subsequently assist in the manufacturing of the final product.
The Property is positioned in the highly desirable city of Woodbury, an affluent, high-growth suburb of Minneapolis. Woodbury’s average household income and population growth rate both greatly exceed the national averages, with income levels and five year population growth 59% and 55% higher than the national averages, respectively. Along with the favorable demographics in Woodbury, the Minneapolis MSA is quickly becoming one of the nation’s foremost med-tech and life science innovation centers. Minneapolis has seen a massive influx of investment and demand for life science, driven by record venture capital and National Institutes of Health (“NIH”) funding of $3.7 billion from 2019 through 2021. This has solidified Minnesota as #1 in med-tech jobs per capita and #2 for medical device and manufacturing firms and employees.
- State-of-the-art, Mission-Critical Life Sciences Facility
- Mission-critical global Kindeva headquarters includes distribution, manufacturing (“cGMP”), and research and development. Kindeva has invested over $10 million, or $73 PSF, of its own capital into the space, showing its strong commitment to the location
- Property allows for the ability to expand to help accommodate future growth
- Industry-Leading Tenant
- Established $300 million+ revenue global company in high-growth disposable drug delivery sector with recent buyout by Altaris and 17% retained ownership by 3M (Moody’s: A1)
- The CDMO market has grown 33% since 2020 and forecasted to continue rapid growth
- Desirable, High Growth Location
- The City of Woodbury has a significant amount of construction projects underway as well as planned development in the immediate future, including a 514,000 square foot industrial facility leased by the world’s largest e-commerce company, over 1,000 multifamily and senior housing units, and many more residential and commercial projects
- Quintessential Life Science Investment
- Kindeva Drug Delivery is one of the few core life science offerings in the Minneapolis-St. Paul market and features a growing tenant with a long-term lease
- Robust Minneapolis-St. Paul Economy
- Top 10 metro in the United States in total life science employment
Class A, Global HQ, and Life Science cGMP and R&D
11200 Hudson Rd, Woodbury, MN 55129
137,811 total square feet
43,565 (32%) square feet R&D + cGMP
2 floors & mezzanine level
33-36+ feet clear height
14+ years remaining lease term
2.5% annual rent increases
$10+ million tenant investment